Our Commitment to Privacy
MPX has always been committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information about our current and prospective customers. We are proud of our privacy practices and want you to know how we protect this information and use it to service your account.
You do not have to contact us to benefit from MPX's privacy protections; they apply automatically to all of our customers. This policy does not apply to your use of unaffiliated sites to which the MPX Internet sites may link.
MPX uses personal information to provide you with the superior service you expect from us. We may use this information to develop, offer, and deliver products and services; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries from you or your representative; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. MPX may collect public and non-public personal information about you from sources including, but not limited to, any of the following:
- Transactional activity in your account (for example, order history and balances);
- Other interactions with MPX (for example, discussions with our customer service staff, your entry of information into our interactive tools or if you send personally identifying information via email to MPX);
- Information services and consumer reporting agencies (for example, to verify your identity, to assess your credit worthiness or to better understand your product and service needs);
- You or your representative regarding your preferences (for example, paper statements vs. electronic statements, or the screen layout you specify if you use our Internet sites); and
- Other sources with your consent or with the consent of your representative (for example, from other institutions if you transfer your business to MPX).
If you wish to review, update or remove your personal information, please send a request to:MPX
2301 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04102
How We Protect Your Information
MPX has always considered the protection of sensitive information to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice. We employ physical, electronic and procedural controls in keeping with industry standards and practices, and we adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
Within MPX and among our service providers, we restrict access to personal information to those who require it to provide products and services to you. We may share the personal information that we collect with, among others, the following entities:
- Affiliates, including affiliated service providers (for example, our data processing company and printing operation);
- Unaffiliated service providers to the extent necessary to fulfill your orders;
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials or to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order (for example, for tax purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions);
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative (for example, if you use MPX as a financial reference in applying for credit with another institution); and
- Other organizations, as permitted by law (for example, for fraud prevention) or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or sale of assets or other fundamental corporation change.
We do not share, trade or sell information about you with other marketers.
Privacy, security and service in our online operations are just as critical as in the rest of our business. We therefore employ all of the safeguards described above, along with the following Internet-specific practices.
When you visit MPX's Internet sites, we may also collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Web sites. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality.
Please be aware that other websites that may be accessed through MPX's site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those third-party web sites linked to MPX are not covered by this privacy statement and MPX is not responsible for the privacy practices of the websites that it does not operate.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords or any account information. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. While MPX strives to protect your personal information, MPX cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to MPX.